Go Dark Shine Bright 2023
Over the past three years, 75,000 believers have participated in our Go Dark Shine Bright campaign. That’s 9 million hours off of social media.
Unlike the 2021 and 2022 campaigns, in the 2023 campaign, we challenged our participants to take a break not just from social media, but from media more generally. In particular, we challenged them to step away from voluntary media consumption that would keep them from denying the world and following Jesus.
Our official campaign ran on May 1st but don’t worry- we have put together a permanent guide that you can download here at any time and take at your own pace!
Step 1: Get Ready
- Sign up for the media fast & download the free guide
- Purchase the book Christian Resistance to further your knowledge about why this is crucial to our walk with Christ.
- Download the free guide below
- Invite your friends and family to join you
Step 2: Go Dark
- Starts May 1st, 2023
- 5 Day digital media fast
- Read Christian Resistance during your fast
- Opt in for daily prayer and scripture text messages that come right to your phone (more info coming)
- Receive daily emails and scripture right to your inbox.
Step 3: Shine Bright
- Break the fast on May 6th, 2023
- Practice and share what you experienced during the 5 day media fast. Proclaim Christ and how this strengthened your relationship with him. Encourage others to do the same.
Take the “Go Dark, Shine Bright” pledge and download the free media fasting guide “Def the world, and follow Jesus”
Yes, I want to commit to the “Go Dark, Shine Bright” media fast.
I will take my social media accounts “dark” for 5 days starting on May 1st. Please send me emails of encouragement for the fast.
Churches & Organizations
Become official “Go Dark, Shine Bright” partners
Receive special resources to take on and promote the “Go Dark, Shine Bright” social media fast through your own channels.
Join these other organizations in making an impact!
If your church or ministry organization is interested in partnering with the Go Dark Shine Bright campaign, contact Maggie Hubbard at [email protected]
- Pray the Scriptures
- Use Your (Biblical) Words
- Can You Live Your Faith on Social Media?
- What you really, really want
- In the Little Things: Faith and Transformation
- 3 Spiritual Lessons from Lifting
Social Media Content
Below, you’ll find things you can post on your social media channels leading up to the social media fast.
These “announcement posts” are starter content you can use to announce that you’ve taken the “Go Dark, Shine Bright” pledge. Double click (or long tap on your phone) to select and copy them, then paste them into your favorite social media app and personalize to make them your own.
It’s time to take a break. 5 days of a media detox. I’m going to use those days to focus on God by spending time in prayer and reading the scriptures. Will you join me? #GoDarkShineBright
I’m not leaving for good, but I am going to take part in a 5-day media fast called “Go Dark, Shine Bright” starting May 1st. For 5 days, I’m replacing all media with time spent with God. Will you join me? #GoDarkShineBright
Taking on a challenge like a media fast is best done with friends! Use these suggested “invitation posts” as a starting point for your own invitations to your friends and family to join you. Just double click or long press to select the text, then copy and paste.
Join me in transforming our relationship with all media! It’s a 5-day media fast called “Go Dark, Shine Bright.” We’ll spend those 5 days with more time in prayer and in the scriptures so we can follow them shining bright for Jesus! Sign up at https://godarkshinebright.org.
We all could use a break. Join me on the “Go Dark, Shine Bright” media fast. For 5 days, we’ll take a break from ALL media so we can deepen our relationship with God. Sign up at https://godarkshinebright.org.
Images to Share
You are welcome to use these images on any social media site! On a computer you can right-click and save the image, and on a mobile device you can tap the image, then long press to save it.